UEFA Certificate in Football Management (UEFA CFM)
The UEFA CFM is the must-have foundation programme for anyone working in a football organisation who wants to gain a comprehensive understanding of how the game is managed.
The blended learning approach of the UEFA CFM containing a mix of e-learning and face-to-face seminars has been carefully designed in collaboration with a prestigious academic institution and leading experts to ensure a high quality programme.
The UEFA CFM lasts for nine months starting in September 2020 and ending in June 2021 compromises of six online modules as well as three face-to-face seminars. Each module and face-to-face seminar addresses a key area of football management which are necessary for people working within the football industry.
The online modules found within the UEFA CFM are as follows:
- the organisation of world football;
- strategic and performance management;
- operational management;
- football marketing and sponsorship;
- communication, the media and public relations;
- event and volunteer management.
- Who People working in or connected to the football industry
- When Starting in September 2020
- How long 9 months
- Where 1st and 3rd face-to-face seminar at UEFA HQ, Nyon 2nd face-to-face seminar in London
- Price €7,900 (including all programme materials, lunches as well as at least one dinner per seminar)
- Number of participants 35 (max)
- Academic certification Certificate of Advance Studies (CAS), 10 ECTS credits
- Language English
- Applications Applications opening 13th January 2020
- Are you a member of UEFA's 55 National Associations? If yes, please refer directly to the administration of your national association for applications to the national editions of the UEFA CFM.
- 11 Sep 2020 Start of the programme
- 15 Feb 2021 Applications open for the next edition
- acquired a comprehensive understanding of the football industry from all angles;
- strengthened their managerial skills;
- conducted a managerial analysis of their unit/department/organisation or a football organisation of their choice and provided recommendations;
- developed a global network in the football industry (over 1,000 graduates working in the football industry).
IS THIS PROGRAMME
SUITED FOR YOU?
Media Manager, Bashundhara Kings
Ahmed Shaaek is a student of the first open edition of UEFA CFM. He completed a B.Sc., M.Sc. in Engineering and also completed a MBA degree. Due to his passion for the football industry, he wanted to find a way to gain professional football knowledge and thus he picked the UEFA CFM. Ahmed Shaaek also completed FA Coaching Level-1 and worked for Fulham Football Foundation in the UK. Currently he is working as the Media Manager of Bashundhara Kings football club. UEFA CFM has given him the confidence to make the transition from engineering to football management.
- Works as FIFA TMS Manager.
- Works with AFC Club Licensing procedure.
- Knows IFAB Laws of the Game.
- Knows AFC Competitions Operation Manual and regulations, Equipment Regulations.
- Working with player negotiations and understands FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.
- An institution which has vast experience in football management and gives in depth knowledge.
- Modules which covers 360 Degree of football management.
- A network which provides knowledge, connection and reading materials beyond the programme; for a lifetime to help and guide the career.
Sports Marketing Specialist
Graduated in a MBA in Sports management at Real Madrid Graduate School and a certificate in Sports Marketing And Sponsorship at Barça Innovation hub, addicted to Sports, particularly Football and Basketball, and handball player during his free time, Kevin is a sportaholic and working in this industry is his passion and his speciality.
He is considered himself as a lifelong learner, always looking for new trends sports marketing, Sports certifications or degrees to be up to date. That’s why he applied for the UEFA CFM open edition in order to be ready to create, develop and lead innovative sports projects successfully and be always ready for new challenges in sports marketing.
- Polyglot ( French, English and Spanish)
- Creative and out-of-the-box thinker
- Always up to date in Sports marketing trends
- Improve my network
- a knowledge to get in order to be a better professional
- a boost in my career
Annisa Zhafarina Qashri
Chief Operating Officer
Annisa works as a Chief Operating Officer of Madura United FC. She decided to join the UEFA Academy and be part of the UEFA CFM to gain extensive knowledge and international connections in the football industry outside of her own country.
- Expert knowledge of the Indonesian football Industry
- Marketing (Master)
- Economics (Bachelor)
- Ambitious and hardworking
- knowledge and skills needed in the football industry
- a broader network outside Indonesia
11-12 September 2020
Location: UEFA Headquarters, Nyon
Length: two days
The 1st seminar focuses on the first three modules of the programme. Participants will gain a greater understanding on the organisation and running of world football; the importance for football organisations to undertake strategic management as well as how to effectively manage the different operations of a football organisation.
This module will provide an overview of how the world of football is organised including who are the key stakeholders and the role FIFA plays in governing the game of football.
It particularly focuses on the structure and operations of UEFA including how it organises competitions, represents and regulates European football.
This module takes the participants through the strategic management process and its different elements which are highly important for any football organisation and its strategic plan.
It looks into the analysis of the current situation and external factors affecting a football organisation, the internal analysis and strategic planning as well as concluding with how an organisation should implement its strategy.
This module looks into how a football organisation should effectively manage its operations and resources.
It focuses on four of the main areas of operations for a football organisation; human resources, financial resources, delivering customer satisfaction and designing service operations.
Participants will understand how a football organisation implements, organises and evaluates these four areas of operations.
29-30 January 2021
Location: London, United Kingdom
Length: two days
The 2nd seminar focuses on the fourth and fifth modules of the programme. Participants will gain a greater understanding on how football organisations leverage on the marketing and sponsorship environment found across the industry as well as how football organisations communicate and interact with the media, their stakeholders as well as managing their public relations.
This module is about how a football organisation utilises marketing while leveraging upon sponsorship in order to promote itself and generate higher revenues.
Participants will gain greater knowledge on the particularities that lie within the football marketing landscape and how it differs from other industries.
Moreover, it will be highlighted the importance of capitalising on brand and marketing communications. The module will conclude by looking into which commercial activities provide an opportunity for a football organisation to generate income.
This module will ensure participants better understand the importance of communications both internally and externally for the benefit of a football organisation.
It involves the different communication channels available for an organisation and the need to communicate to relevant stakeholders in the appropriate manner.
Participants will gain a greater understanding of the media operations and activities that should be carried out by a football organisation as well the impact social media is having within the growing digitalisation of the media landscape.
Participants can choose one among the following elective subjects:
- Event and volunteer management
- Women’s football
- Football development
- Football and social responsibility
- Football law
11-12 June 2021
Location: UEFA headquarters, Nyon
Length: two days
The 3rd seminar focuses on the oral examinations and the graduation ceremony. Moreover, participants will engage in a practical simulation activity based on the sports and commercial operations of a UEFA Champions League match. The oral examinations are an essential part of the programme and will be based around the assignments and modules studied on the programme.
The formal graduation ceremony and dinner will take place in the evening of the last day of the 3rd face-to-face seminar for participants who have successfully completed the UEFA CFM.