UEFA Medical Research Grant Programme (UEFA MRGP)
The UEFA MRGP is a specific grant programme designed for academics working on medical and health related research that improves strategic decision-making in European football.
The UEFA MRGP encourages universities and scientists to develop their research into medical and health topics in European football. It is for anyone pursuing or already holding a doctorate who is analysing European football from a medical and health point of view. Once completed, the research is shared with the 55 UEFA member associations and is used for growth and development purposes.
In order to foster cooperation between its member associations and European universities, UEFA allows up to three researchers based in the territories of three different national associations to submit joint applications.
Each project selected by the jury is eligible for a grant of up to €30,000 for general health topics and up to €30,000 for health topics specific to female football players for a duration of one year. The jury decides case by case on the amount of the grant.
- Who Researchers holding a research position at a university or equivalent institution
- When Annually. Next application deadline: May 2023
- How Long 1 year research
- Where Research carried out at home institution
- Grant Up to €30,000 for general health topics; Up to €30,000 for health topics related to female football players
- Number of grants Total allocation: €60,000
- Language English
- 01 May 2023 Application deadline 2023/24 cycle
- 30 Jun 2023 Attribution of grants
- 30 Nov 2023 Interim report deadline
- 30 Jun 2024 Final report deadline
- Opportunity for researchers to conduct their research in the best possible conditions
- Access to both funds and data (from national associations and UEFA)
- Gain international recognition
- Opportunity for national associations and UEFA to access the latest research in order to further develop their own activities and projects