UEFA Assist Career Transition Programme (UEFA CTP)
The UEFA Assist Career Transition Programme guides professional footballers in their choice of second career off the pitch.
The UEFA Assist Career Transition Programme is a five-day seminar that guides and enables participants to
identify their transferable skills, gain an in-depth understanding of the job opportunities available in football and learn how their knowledge and experience can be harnessed and used effectively.
The UEFA Assist CTP features talent tests, self-assessments, interviews, case studies and role play to help participants understand and analyse their existing strengths and personality traits. They will be introduced to a variety of professional opportunities, presented by UEFA experts who will share their insights and knowledge during a series of bespoke interactive presentations.
As a highlight of the course, former professional players will share inspiring personal stories on how they have successfully managed their career transition after their retirement.
At the end of the programme, participants will complete an “engaging” case study, where they will be confronted with real-life situations that will help them choose a career path that best suits their interests.
UEFA experts will also help each participant to identify the next logical steps and draw up a career action plan.Participants are selected by the national association or the confederation, based on UEFA criteria.We encourage applications from male and female football and futsal players, with a maximum of 20 people per session to ensure it remains interactive and useful. The programme is usually delivered in English, Spanish or French. However, it may be possible to implement the programme in the language of the host association.
- Who Professional players who have recently retired or are about to retire
- When On request
- How long 1 week
- Where Various locations
- Number of participants 15-20
- Academic certification Certificate of completion
- Language Adapted to the local context
- 09 Nov 2020 Launch of the programme in the Netherlands
- A clear view on the different career options available within the world of football
- Guidance and advice on how to make the right decision regarding “what’s next?” in your career
- Key skills and tools to successfully manage your career transition
- Action plan for your life after football