UEFA Career Transition Programme (UEFA CTP)
The UEFA CTP is a unique vocational programme for players who are either reaching the end of their playing career or have recently retired and need to plan for their professional future. It will help you to identify your transferable skills, gain a better understanding of the job opportunities available, and learn how your knowledge and experience can be reapplied.
The programme features talent tests, self-assessments, interviews, case studies and role play to help you analyse your strengths and personality. UEFA experts will present a variety of professional openings and share their insights and knowledge in a series of interactive presentations.
As a highlight of the course, former professional players will share inspiring stories about how they successfully managed their own career transition. At the end of the programme, you will carry out an engaging case study featuring real-life situations so that you can narrow the field. UEFA experts will also help you identify the next step and draw up a career action plan. We encourage applications from male and female footballers and futsal players. There is a limited number of participants per session to ensure the programme remains interactive.
The online CTP is aimed at players who are currently thinking about their second career. They will have access to exclusive content, experts and mentors at a limited cost and without any constraints, through virtual role play exercises and discussions with their peers all over the world.
- Who Professional players who have recently retired or are about to retire
- When Online: 12-14 September 2022 and 20-21 September 2022
- How long 5 days
- Where Online
- Price €1900
- Number of participants 15-25
- Academic certification Certificate of completion
- Language English
- Contact us +4179 829 21 46
- Application We review applications all year round as they arrive; however, there is a specific deadline for the upcoming edition of each programme. When the number of places is limited, you may have a better chance of being selected by applying earlier in the application cycle. You will either receive confirmation that you have been selected within two weeks of applying or be added to an application list and informed of the decision once the deadline has passed.
- 18 Oct 2022 Launch of the Online edition
- A clear view on the different career options available within the world of football
- Guidance and advice on how to make the right decision regarding “what’s next?” in your career
- Key skills and tools to successfully manage your career transition
- Action plan for your life after football
• What is your dream job?
• Planning your time and your transition
• Group work – the challenges of the second career
• Self-evaluation and personality on the pitch
• The football ecosystem
• Developing and leveraging your network
• The technical football jobs and opportunities as a coach
• The marketplace workshops
• The recruitment process, personal image and job interviews
• Recruitment in the football industry
• Introduction to strategy
• The administrative football jobs
• Managing people and organisation “experience from a senior football executive” – testimonial and Q&A
• The other football jobs
• Finance management
• Introduction to the case study
• Case study – group work
• Wrap up of the case study
• Next steps
• Graduation ceremony