UEFA Career Transition Programme (UEFA CTP)
The Career Transition Programme (UEFA CTP) is a unique orientation programme designed to help players who are either reaching the end of their playing career or have recently retired to plan for their professional future.
The programme features talent tests, self-assessments, interviews, case studies and role play to help you analyse your strengths and personality traits. UEFA experts will present a variety of professional opportunities and share their insights and knowledge in a series of bespoke interactive presentations.
As a highlight of the course, former professional players will share inspiring personal stories about how they successfully managed their career transition after their retirement. At the end of the programme, you will carry out an engaging case study of real-life situations that will help you choose a new career path that best suits your interests. UEFA experts will also help you identify the next logical steps and draw up a career action plan.
We encourage applications from male and female football and futsal players. With a limited number of participants per session to ensure it remains interactive and useful, the programme is delivered in English.
Bootcamp or online edition
With the CTP online edition, UEFA’s objective is to give access to any player around the world to exclusive content, experts and mentors at a limited cost without any constraints. You will live a top-level e-learning experience with the help of UEFA experts and mentors, take part in virtual role play exercises and exchange
with your peers across the globe. Active players who are already thinking about their second career are welcome to join the online edition of the CTP.
The bootcamp edition of the CTP has been designed to offer a unique human experience to 20 top players who have decided to hang-up their boots. At the heart of European football, you will spend five intense and exciting days in Switzerland, at UEFA Headquarters. With outdoors team-building activities, face to face sessions with mentors, live exercises and extensive networking opportunities, it is the ultimate programme that will help you shape your future career in football. Immersed in exchanges and reflection over an intense week of learnings and development, you will experience top class guidance and insights from our experts and mentors. You will also live unforgettable moments of sport, friendship and personal growth thanks to the interaction and mutual support with your fellow participants.
- Who Professional players who have recently retired or are about to retire
- When Bootcamp: 13-17 June 2022 Online: 23-26 August 2021
- How long Bootcamp: 5 days Online: 4 days
- Where Bootcamp: UEFA HQ, Nyon, Switzerland Online: worldwide
- Price Bootcamp: €6500 Online: €1900
- Number of participants Bootcamp: 15-20 Online: 15-25
- Academic certification Certificate of completion
- Language English
- 31 Jul 2021 Applications deadline for the Online edition
- 23 Aug 2021 Launch of the Online edition
- 30 Apr 2022 Applications deadline for the Bootcamp edition
- 13 Jun 2022 Launch of the Bootcamp edition
- A clear view on the different career options available within the world of football
- Guidance and advice on how to make the right decision regarding “what’s next?” in your career
- Key skills and tools to successfully manage your career transition
- Action plan for your life after football