UEFA Elite Scout Programme (UEFA ESP)
The UEFA Elite Scout Programme is a foundation programme for professional scouts in the football industry. It provides football scouts and observers with extended knowledge and techniques to uncover new talents and perform state-of-the-art recruitment.
The UEFA Elite Scout Programme (ESP) is a three-month programme designed specifically for those who wish to pursue a scouting career in the modern-day football environment. This unique learning experience provides current and future scouts with all the latest tools they need to work at the highest standards of the profession, supported by a network of international scouting experts. By the end of the three-month programme, you will be equipped with all the information you need to pursue a successful career as a football scout.
The programme is highly interactive and participatory: you will get to experience expert’s masterclasses, real-life case studies and simulation exercises together with your classmates. You will also have the opportunity to learn from UEFA experts and industry leaders who will share their experience and insights through a serie of live presentations and workshops.
In addition, current scouts and sporting directors will share with you inspiring personal stories of how they successfully managed their top-flight careers in the most prestigious clubs and associations.
We encourage applications from all candidates, irrespective of gender. To be selected to this exclusive programme, you need to explain your goals and motivation in a duly completed application form available on UEFAAcademy.com. Your profile and experience will also be considered. Finally, to be eligible for the programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- Fluency in English (in both speaking and writing)
- At least two years’ work experience in the football industry as scout, a coach or a professional player.
The programme is delivered in English with a maximum of 35 participants to ensure it remains
interactive. Many networking opportunities are provided all along the programme.
Eligible candidates must apply online and fill in the application form available at UEFAacademy.com within the application window.
Full attendance is required to qualify for the certificate of completion. Should you have any questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com.
- Who Football scouts, coaches and ex-players
- When Every second year. Next intake in September 2023.
- How long 3 months
- Where 3 face-to-face seminars at UEFA and at European clubs. 2 online seminars
- Price €7900
- Number of participants 35 (max.)
- Certification Certificate of completion
- Language English
- Application We review applications all year round as they arrive; however, there is a specific deadline for the upcoming edition of each programme. When the number of places is limited, you may have a better chance of being selected by applying earlier in the application cycle. You will either receive confirmation that you have been selected within two weeks of applying or be added to an application list and informed of the decision once the deadline has passed.
- Inclusivity and Diversity We welcome all participants from diverse backgrounds and cultures, recognising the unique value that diversity brings to our community. If you have any uncertainties about meeting specific programme criteria, we encourage you to reach out to us.
- Website www.eascouts.com
- 21 Jul 2023 Applications close for the second edition
- 26 Sep 2023 Seminar 1 (26,27, 28 September 2023)
- 09 Oct 2023 Online Masterclass 1
- 24 Oct 2023 Seminar 2 (24,25, 26 October 2023)
- 06 Nov 2023 Online Masterclass 2
- 04 Dec 2023 Seminar 3 (4,5,6 December 2023)
- Understanding of the football ecosystem and its governance
- Mastering of the key principles of scouting and match observation: talent identification, analysis and recruitment management
- Production of various types of match reports (text, animations, videos)
- Becoming at ease with the use of technologies to monitor football data and statistics and discovering the latest innovations in this fast-changing domain
Legal framework and talent identification
This first seminar will focus on two important areas of football scouting: the legal framework and talent identification techniques.
The first part tackles transfer regulations, training compensation and solidarity payments and also examines disputes and litigation systems.
The second part offers a deeper look into the talent identification methods that have been developed and implemented over the last two decades.
Participants will study several top clubs, discuss the ideas of the most experienced scouts and sporting directors, and of course practise the techniques learned in real exercises on the pitch.
Technical suppliers and testimonials
In this online masterclass, the participants will look into companies that use cutting-edge techniques to make the scouting operations of some of the best football clubs in the world more fluid and efficient.
Presentations by two companies will be followed by a Q&A session with the company directors and a virtual round table with two sporting directors.
New trends and technologies in scouting
Football has evolved greatly over the last few years and scouting is probably the profession that has evolved the most. Modern scouts not only need to understand football, but also how to work with new technologies, such as scouting apps, CRM and artificial intelligence.
That said, a computer cannot replace the keen eye of an experienced scout, nor estimate the future development of a talented young player. For these reasons, it is important for scouts to acquire new skills and share best practices with colleagues and experts from other clubs and leagues.
This seminar will focus on new trends in the game and is delivered by expert match analysts and football coaches. Participants will also have the opportunity to test their new scouting techniques at live games.
The future of football scouting
In this second online Masterclass, several suppliers will present what they believe could be the future for football scouting tools and methods.
Participants will have an opportunity to present their work and ideas to experts in scouting and talent identification.
In the second part of the masterclass, participants and experts will discuss the prospects for the use of artificial intelligence in football.
Player valuations, scouting workshop and final exam
In the third seminar of the programme, participants will learn how to assess a football player’s genuine value. Top sporting directors, agents and coaches will present their way of working and show how theory compares to real-life examples.
Participants will work on a case study and a scouting workshop will be used for the final assessment.