UEFA Certificate in Football Management (UEFA CFM) – National edition
The UEFA CFM is the must-have foundation programme for anyone working in a football organisation who wants to gain a comprehensive understanding of how the game is managed.
The blended learning approach of the UEFA CFM containing a mix of e-learning and face-to-face seminars has been carefully designed in collaboration with the prestigious academic institution IDHEAP, and leading experts to ensure a high quality programme.
The UEFA CFM lasts for nine months and compromises of ten online modules as well as three face-to-face seminars. Each module and face-to-face seminar addresses a key area of football management which are necessary for people working within the football industry.
The online modules found within the UEFA CFM are as follows:
- the organisation of world football;
- strategic and performance management;
- operational management (human resources, finances, customer satisfaction, service operations);
- football marketing and sponsorship;
- communication, the media and public relations;
- elective module to be chosen from the 5 following subjects: Event and volunteer management, Women’s football, Football development, Football and social responsibility, Football law
How to apply for National Associations’ staff?
Participants willing to take part in the UEFA CFM should contact the HR department of their national association to know whether the NA will host a national session in a near future or if it will recommend some participants for the upcoming editions of the UEFA CFM.
Each year presidents and general secretaries of national associations not hosting the programme can recommend one member of their staff to UEFA as candidate for the UEFA CFM per year. On top of this, in order to promote women’s football development, each national association will have the opportunity to recommend one additional candidate working in women’s football over the 2021-2024 period.
The scientific committee of the UEFA CFM will select the candidates and allocate them to one of the forthcoming national editions. Candidates to the UEFA CFM should have:
- a permanent position within the national association;
- a good command of English (both oral and written).
Should the number of candidates exceed the number of available seats, candidates of national associations having not recently hosted an edition of the UEFA CFM will be given priority.
- Who Staff of UEFA's 55 member associations
- When Five national editions per year
- How long 9 months
- Where Across Europe
- Price covered for UEFA's 55 member associations' staff
- Number of participants 35 (max)
- Academic certification Certificate of Advance Studies (CAS), 10 ECTS credits
- Language English
- Applications September 2023
- 15 Aug 2023 Applications open
- 30 Sep 2023 Applications close
- acquire a comprehensive understanding of the football industry from all angles;
- strengthen your managerial skills;
- conduct a managerial analysis of your unit/department/organisation or a football organisation of your choice and provided recommendations;
- develop a global network in the football industry (over 1,000 graduates working in the football industry).